Finpecia (Finasteride)(Generic Propecia)
Commercial Name: Finpecia 1 mg
Generic Name: Finasteride 1 mg
How does it work?
Finpecia is very effective in treating hair loss. It is one of the most used treatments to stop hair loss in men. Its key ingredient, finasteride, plays a critical role in solving the problem of male pattern baldness. Hormonal imbalance is the main reason for hair loss in men. It is due to the disproportionate amount of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) produced in the body which leads to the problem of hair loss. This DHT moves into the hair follicles, damaging them and disrupting the supply of nutrients to the hair, thus weakening the hair and causing hair loss. It is here that this drug plays an important role.
It prevents the formation of dihydrotestosterone from testosterone by inhibiting the enzyme type II alpha reductase. In this way you are stopping hair loss. This hair loss treatment maintains low levels of dihydrotestosterone in the body; Due to this, testosterone levels in the body increase and promote hair growth.
The prescribed dose of Finpecia is 1 mg/day. It is not advisable to increase the dose of this medicine. If you want to increase the dose to 2 mg per day, follow the doctor's advice. The dose should be taken with a full glass of water as it helps the ingredients dissolve quickly in the body. You can take it on an empty stomach or after meals. For best hair regrowth results, it is necessary to take the dosage regularly. Your dosage must be continued for at least 6 months to see visible effects. Do not break, chew, or crush the tablet.
Please drink it whole without breaking it. Set a time for dosing and follow the schedule. A break of 24 hours is necessary between 2 doses of this drug. Skipping the dose on a regular basis will cause delayed hair growth. Remember that anything in excess is dangerous to health, so avoid excessive intake of this medicine.
If you experience allergic reactions such as hives, skin rash, difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, and swelling of the lips, tongue, or face shortly after taking Finpecia, stop taking this medicine and see a doctor immediately. .
Other less serious side effects caused by taking this oral anti-hair loss therapy are decreased desire for sexual intercourse, decreased volume of ejaculation, low sperm count, impotence problems, and pain in the testicles and breasts. These side effects are usually temporary and go away as your body gets used to the dose of this hair loss treatment. See your doctor if any of these side effects persist and become bothersome.
- Pregnant women should avoid any contact with Finpecia; The active component of this drug could have adverse effects on the development of the reproductive organs in the male fetus. Even the smallest amount of this medication can show side effects.
- Men who are allergic to finasteride or any other component of the drug should avoid taking this drug.
- Men who have kidney problems should follow the doctor's advice for the intake of this pill for hair loss.
- Decreases PSA screening test readings for prostate cancer. If you are scheduled to have your PSA level checked, make sure your doctor knows you are taking this medication.
- Breastfeeding women should avoid contact with Finpecia, and intake is strictly prohibited because it harms the health of the baby.
- Doctor's supervision is necessary for liver patients before taking this medicine as it tends to accumulate in the liver and alter its normal functioning.
- This drug is not indicated for use in pediatric patients.
- Women should not handle crushed or broken Finpecia tablets when they are pregnant. In fact, women should never take this medicine.
- Never take this medicine in excess because it damages the ability to make love with the person.
- Habitual intake should be avoided as it leads to the various health complications that are irreversible in nature.
3 other products in the same category:
Fincar (Generic Proscar)
Fincar 5 mg is a fast and evidently effective treatment for curing male pattern baldness. Its active constituent Finasteride first counteracts the functioning of alpha reductase type 5 which is accountable for converting beneficial substance testosterone into dihydrotestosterone which also known as DHT.
Avodart (Dutasteride) 0,5mg
This medication is used to shrink an enlarged prostate in men with a condition called benign prostatic hyperplasia. It works by lowering amounts of the hormone responsible for prostate growth (dihydrotestosterone). Dutasteride reduces urinary blockage and improves urine flow.